Focus and Scope
Summer AcademeÂ welcomes submissions from different viewpoints, methodologies, disciplines, and cultures that relate to summer session administration or pedagogy. The primary criterion for submissions is that the content focuses on summer session administration or pedagogy. Original material is invited in the following broad categories:
Research and Scholarship
Reports on Innovations and Best Practice
Conference PapersÂ Â
ForumÂ ÂBook and Media Reviews
Peer Review Process
Submissions to all sections of the journal except the book and media reviews are given blind reviews by members of the Editorial Board or colleagues in the field with special competence in the area represented by the submission. Review criteria reflect high academic standards, in general, but vary according to the section of the journal for which the submission is intended:
- Criteria for submissions on Research and Scholarship include contribution of new knowledge to the field, relevance and significance of contents to professional practice in summer sessions
- Criteria for Conference Papers include the extent to which the description of practice or program is likely to be of interest and of use to others involved in summer sessions
- Criteria for Reports on Innovation and Best Practice include the extent to which the description of practice or program is likely to be of interest and of use to others involved in summer sessions
Authors generally receive a decision in 8-10 weeks of submission. Reviewers make one of the following recommendations:
- Accept for Publication
- Conditional Accept (conditional upon revisions)
- Reject, Encourage Rewrite and Resubmission, or
Journal volumes are published on an annual basis.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
North American Association of Summer Sessions
Association of University Summer Sessions
Western Association of Summer Session Administrators
University of Manitoba Libraries
Caddo Gap (for volumes 1-6)
Summer Academe has been published since 1996. The first six volumes were published by Caddo Gap Press. Following a review of the journal in 2010, the sponsoring associations revised and broadened the mandate of Summer Academe to increase value to readers. The re-booted journal is published online annually.