Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references and the date accessed have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Authors published in the Journal of Canada's Physician Assistants (JCanPA) retain copyright of their articles, including all drafts and final published version. By agreeing to publish in JCanPA, authors grant the journal the right of first publication and distribution rights of the articles. Authors are free to submit their work to other publications in addition to JCanPA, provided they acknowledge its initial publication in JCanPA.
JCanPA is published online in the public domain. JCanPA holds no legal responsibility as to how these materials are used by the public. Please ensure all authors, co-authors, and investigators have read and agree to these terms.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.